These soft and chewy nutty granola bars are a nourishing grab and go snack that will keep your energy levels up right where you need them.
Happy National Nut Day! To celebrate National Nut Day, Recipe Redux members are coming up with nut-inspired meals, bites and healthy eats. What am I cooking up this time? Peanut Butter Apricot Bars. These soft and chewy granola bars loaded with nuts, seeds and peanut butter, and are a healthy way to fuel up. Nuts are chock full of essential minerals and healthy fats; aim for having 1 serving of nuts everyday. Throw them in your cereal or oatmeal, snack on them with some fruit, add them to your stir frys or noodle dishes. Or make these chewy granola bars for the week 🙂
Peanut Butter Apricot Chewy Granola Bars
What You Need
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup mixed pumpkin seeds & walnut pieces
2 TBS chia seeds
16 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3 TBS pure maple syrup
1 TBS cinnamon
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In food processor or blender, blend together dates plus 3 TBS of the hot water, peanut butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. It should come to syrupy paste-like consistency.
3. In a large bowl, add oats, apricots and all seeds. Add peanut butter mixture and mix well.
4. Evenly press mixture into a parchment-lined 4X6 pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool completely before removing from pan.
6. Once cool, turn pan over and allow innards to fall onto cutting board. Cut into bar shapes or squares.
*For best results, individually wrap bars in plastic wrap. If you don’t mind them softening up a bit, store all bars together in an airtight container.
Looking for some more nut-spiration? Try some of the recipes from the talented Redux members below!